AASECT member Marti Barham, RN, PhD recently died this past January. She was an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist (1982), Supervisor of Sex Therapy (1989), and Diplomate of Sex Therapy (2003).
Marti was also an active contributor to various AASECT committees. She was an:
- AASECT Supervisor Certification Committee Member (2006 - 2013)
- AASECT Ethics Committee Member (2006)
- AASECT CE Approval Committee Member (2012 - 2013)
- AASECT Task Force on Certification Practice Guidelines and Revocation of Certification (2006)
- AASECT Hawaii Section Chair (1993, 2006)
Marti lived in Honolulu, Hawaii and was an author of many articles and four books. Her most recent book — 47 Billion Years of Evolution: A Case Report — was published last year.
Marti and her husband J.W. Barham worked for many years in the late 1970s and early 1980s with Elizabeth Kubler Ross, MD at her Death and Dying workshops. She will be greatly missed.