You are here
AASECT CE Single Event Applicants
$100 for a single event offering fewer than nine CE credits (non-reimbursable)
$200 for a single event offering nine or more CE credits (non-reimbursable)
- An AASECT Certified Member must be on the planning committee for the event. This person should be listed on the application and assumes responsibility for the event guidelines and expectations.
- AASECT CE providers are responsible for properly representing all AASECT ethics, guidelines, procedures, and standards. It is the responsibility of the attendee to determine if their state licensing board will accept AASECT CE credits.
- AASECT CE providers must maintain documentation of programs offered, including program objectives, syllabi/outlines, evaluations, and participant rosters, for seven years. This seven-year requirement aligns with the AASECT Code of Conduct and members’ needs for certification renewal. AASECT may conduct periodic reviews of CE Providers’ documents, as part of the process of evaluating training.
The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists does not assume in any way, financial, legal or any other liability for programs conducted by providers. If AASECT approves your single event, you/your organization are expected to:
- Abide by the stipulations as outlined in the CE Provider Expectations. Carry out marketing, promotion, and educational instruction professionally, consistent with AASECT's ethical/professional standards.
- Review the AASECT Grievance Policy. While AASECT goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues that come to the attention of the convention staff, which require intervention and require action on the part of the convention staff or an officer of AASECT. This procedural description serves as the guideline for handling such grievances.
For questions or additional information, please get in touch with CE@aasect.org.