You are here
AASECT is excited to announce new scholarships available this year to help offset the cost of attending the 2021 Virtual Institute. These scholarships are intended to serve, center, and encourage participation from Two-Spirit people and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC). This scholarship will be awarded to qualified Two-Spirit people and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) applicants to be used for the registration cost of AASECT’s 2021 Virtual Institute. There are also three 1-year paid AASECT membership scholarships available.
Amount: Full cost of registration for the 2021 AASECT Virtual Institute taking place on April 9, 2021.
Number of Scholarships: 10
Application Due Date: March 15, 2021
Eligibility: These scholarships are intended for any of the following:
- Two-Spirit people and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)*
- Two-Spirit and BIPOC who are current AASECT members or interested in AASECT membership; particularly those who experience orientation and gender identity variance
for BIPOC members who demonstrate a commitment to sexual wellness
- Two-Spirit and BIPOC who are experiencing economic and social barriers that limit Institute participation and/or AASECT membership
- AASECT members who are experiencing financial hardship, and would like to participate in the virtual conference and would benefit from obtaining a 1-year paid AASECT membership.
Please note: In special consideration of the Institute theme, at least 3 scholarship seats will be prioritized for Two-Spirit identified people**.
*You may be Black, Indigenous or any Person of Color
**Must be an Indigenous person
Write a 1 page (maximum) personal statement responding to the following prompts.
1. Please describe how your identity(ies) support your eligibility for this scholarship.
2. Reflect upon how your attendance at the Institute and/or participation in AASECT may benefit the communities that you serve or work with.
3. What are your professional goals in the sexuality field and how will attending the Institute be useful in achieving them?
4. If you are requesting the paid 1-year AASECT membership as well as the scholarship because you are not yet a member, please indicate this.
Submit this form and relevant attachments to email@example.com, attn: Virtual Institute Scholarship.
The deadline for applications is March 15, 2021. Applicants will be notified by March 31, 2021.