You are here
Become an AASECT CE Provider
An AASECT CE Provider is an individual or organization, approved by AASECT and committed to providing education that meets AASECT standards for helping individuals earn or maintain AASECT Certification.
Types of AASECT CE Providers
Individual Provider – An Individual Provider must be an AASECT Certified Member and must present at least 80% of the training of each event. (Note: if presenting training with a partner who is presenting more than 20% of the total material the Provider must apply to be an Organizational Provider.)
Organizational Provider I – An individual, group of individuals, private training center, school, accredited university/college, or other organization. Organizational Providers must have an AASECT Certified Member overseeing the planning of all training. The Organizational Provider I offers 40 or fewer AASECT CE credits per year and uses more than one expert to deliver the training.
Organizational Provider II – An individual, group of individuals, private training center, school, accredited university/college, or other organization. Organizational Providers must have an AASECT Certified Member overseeing the planning of all training. The Organizational Provider II offers more than 40 AASECT CE credits per year and uses more than one expert to deliver the training.
AASECT CE Providers are approved twice a year:
|Deadlines for submission of AASECT CE Provider Application||Provider Cycles (2 Year approval)|
|November 1||January 1 - December 31|
|May 1||July 1 - June 30|
Provider Categories and Fees:
Individual Provider $300/two years
Organizational I Provider $500/two years
Organizational II Provider $2000/two years
*$200 of the above fees is a non-refundable processing fee
To apply to become an AASECT CE Provider, all applicants must complete and submit the following:
- AASECT CE Single Event Application(with all supporting documents)*
*Please note - you will need to download and save these applications prior to filling them out or the information will be lost.
- CE providers must have an AASECT Certified Member on the planning committee for all events. This person should be listed on the application and assumes responsbility for the event guidelines and expectations.
- The AASECT CE Single Event Application must accompany the AASECT CE Provider Application. This single event application will be evaluated by the CE Approval Committee and will illustrate an understanding of AASECT education standards and procedures. Once approved by the CE Approval Committee, the Provider does not need to submit any further applications or fees until their renewal (every two years). Submitting an AASECT CE Provider Application does not guarantee approval.
- AASECT CE Providers are responsible for properly representing all AASECT ethics, guidelines, procedures, and standards. It is the responsibility of the attendee to determine if their state licensing board will accept AASECT CE credits.
- AASECT CE Providers must maintain documentation of programs offered, including program objectives, syllabi/outlines, evaluations, and participant rosters, for seven years. This seven-year requirement aligns with the AASECT Code of Ethics and members’ needs for certification renewal. AASECT may conduct periodic reviews of CE Providers’ documents, as part of the process of evaluating training.
The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists does not assume in any way, financial, legal or any other liability for programs conducted by providers. As an AASECT Approved Provider, you/your organization are expected to:
- Abide by the stipulations as outlined in the CE Provider Expectations.
- Carry out marketing, promotion, and educational instruction in a professional way, consistent with the ethical/professional standards of AASECT
For questions or additional information, please contact CE@aasect.org.
|AASECT CE Provider Expectations.pdf||342.17 KB|