You are here
Become an AASECT CE Provider
An AASECT CE Provider is an individual or organization, approved by AASECT and committed to providing education that meets AASECT standards for helping individuals earn or maintain AASECT Certification.
How to Become a CE Provider - watch the recorded webinar to learn the ropes of becoming an AASECT Provider
Types of AASECT CE Providers
Individual Provider – An Individual Provider must be an AASECT Certified Member and must present at least 80% of the training of each event. (Note: if presenting training with a partner who is presenting more than 20% of the total material the Provider must apply to be an Organizational Provider.)
Organizational Provider I – An individual, group of individuals, private training center, school, accredited university/college, or other organization. Organizational Providers must have an AASECT Certified Member overseeing the planning of all training. The Organizational Provider I offers 40 or fewer AASECT CE credits per year and uses more than one expert to deliver the training.
Organizational Provider II – An individual, group of individuals, private training center, school, accredited university/college, or other organization. Organizational Providers must have an AASECT Certified Member overseeing the planning of all training. The Organizational Provider II offers more than 40 AASECT CE credits per year and uses more than one expert to deliver the training.
AASECT CE Providers are approved twice a year:
Deadlines for submission of AASECT CE Provider Application
Provider Categories and Fees:
Individual Provider $300/two years
Organizational I Provider $500/two years
Organizational II Provider $2000/two years
*$200 of the above fees is a non-refundable processing fee
To apply to become an AASECT CE Provider, all applicants must complete the following:
Pro-tip - if you choose to complete these applications as a PDF, download the files to your computer before you begin filling them out. Information filled out while the PDF is open in your browser will not be saved.
- AASECT CE Provider Online Application
This online form includes required information about your CE Event (#2 below). If you'd prefer to complete this form as a PDF, click here and download. You will also need to submit a CE Single Event Application here.
- AASECT CE Single Event Online Application
Download as a PDF (with all supporting documents)
- CE providers must have an AASECT Certified Member on the planning committee for all events. This person should be listed on the application and assumes responsibility for the event guidelines and expectations.
- The AASECT CE Single Event Application must accompany the AASECT CE Provider Application. This single event application will be evaluated by the CE Approval Committee and will illustrate an understanding of AASECT education standards and procedures. Once approved by the CE Approval Committee, the Provider does not need to submit any further applications or fees until their renewal (every two years). Submitting an AASECT CE Provider Application does not guarantee approval.
- AASECT CE Providers are responsible for properly representing all AASECT ethics, guidelines, procedures, and standards. It is the responsibility of the attendee to determine if their state licensing board will accept AASECT CE credits.
- AASECT CE Providers must maintain documentation of programs offered, including program objectives, syllabi/outlines, evaluations, and participant rosters, for seven years. This seven-year requirement aligns with the AASECT Code of Conduct and members’ needs for certification renewal. AASECT may conduct periodic reviews of CE Providers’ documents, as part of the process of evaluating training.
The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists does not assume in any way, financial, legal or any other liability for programs conducted by providers. As an AASECT Approved Provider, you/your organization are expected to:
|AASECT CE Provider Expectations.pdf||342.17 KB|